Legion of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jedi Knight II

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[LOL] Server Gadget

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
marlboro

marlboro

[LOL] Server Gadget Empty
PostSubject: [LOL] Server Gadget   [LOL] Server Gadget EmptyTue 08 Feb 2011, 15:51

hey, i wanna show you my lol-server gadget for windows 7 (and probably windows vista too). its only an early version where you cant edit its settings, but it does its job. the plan was to make a gadget that reminds people of playing jk2 (i know its a joke that i say that, so shhhh). this is what it looks like:

[LOL] Server Gadget %5BLOL%5D%20Server%20Gadget [LOL] Server Gadget %5BLOL%5D%20Server%20Gadget_settings

the gadget displays server information (servername, map, ping, number of players, list of players) and updates every 20seconds. and with the lower button you can connect to the server with only one click.

i've got some more features planned. stuff like:
- the option to set ip and port so you can use it for other servers as well -check
- password setting (to connect to password protected servers) -check
- an option to set the interval of status updates -check
- make the player-list resizeable
- maybe different designs

if nobody likes it, i just gonna leave it as it is right now. im fine with it ^^. if you use it, please report any bugs and feedback here (like if the size is alright and stuff) and of course im open for all kinds of suggestions.

update: version 1.0 now has "options"
you can enter custom ip, port and server password. there are 4 refresh rates (3seconds, 10s, 20s and 1minute) and you can enter a custom jk2mp.exe path (in case the gadget cant find you jk2 install folder). please report bugs, im still new to javascript ^^

heres the download link: [LOL] Server Gadget

Last edited by marlboro on Fri 11 Feb 2011, 00:36; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [LOL] Server Gadget   [LOL] Server Gadget EmptyTue 08 Feb 2011, 18:38

Cool idea Wink but I think that this is best for ppl without xfire because this looks like xfire Razz

n1 Wink
Back to top Go down
Yumiko

Yumiko

PostSubject: Re: [LOL] Server Gadget   [LOL] Server Gadget EmptyTue 08 Feb 2011, 18:41

In which language you've written it? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [LOL] Server Gadget   [LOL] Server Gadget EmptyTue 08 Feb 2011, 18:44

EDITED THIS POST .... I AM STUPID Very Happy

Last edited by Big Buddy on Tue 08 Feb 2011, 18:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vasili3330

PostSubject: Re: [LOL] Server Gadget   [LOL] Server Gadget EmptyTue 08 Feb 2011, 18:45

nice o.O we got a program writer in ours mids Razz new bill gates Very Happy
Back to top Go down
marlboro

marlboro

PostSubject: Re: [LOL] Server Gadget   [LOL] Server Gadget EmptyTue 08 Feb 2011, 18:45

Big Buddy wrote:
Cool idea Wink but I think that this is best for ppl without xfire because this looks like xfire Razz
n1 Wink
i've never seen xfire. i thought about the windows 7 phone design when i made this.

Yumiko wrote:
In which language you've written it? Very Happy
its javascript and html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [LOL] Server Gadget   [LOL] Server Gadget EmptyTue 08 Feb 2011, 18:52

[LOL] Server Gadget Xfiree10

This is xfire Razz

You can of course Launch it from here Wink
Back to top Go down
Rocky

PostSubject: Re: [LOL] Server Gadget   [LOL] Server Gadget EmptyTue 08 Feb 2011, 18:58

yeah but the difference is that this isn't a gadget Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.hojko.com

PostSubject: Re: [LOL] Server Gadget   [LOL] Server Gadget EmptyTue 08 Feb 2011, 19:03

Yeah as I said .. for me as an xfire user it's better to watch it from xfire + I dont play only on LOL server Wink

and it's cool idea
Back to top Go down
marlboro

marlboro

PostSubject: Re: [LOL] Server Gadget   [LOL] Server Gadget EmptyTue 08 Feb 2011, 19:27

yea of course xfire and other tools are better (in terms of more features, options, possibilities etc). if i wanna browse gameservers, i prefer a real tool as well. my gadget is not meant to replace real server browser tools ^^.

but the advantage of a gadget is that its on peoples desktops constantly (hopefully Razz) and keeps reminding them of jk2/lol homebase.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [LOL] Server Gadget   [LOL] Server Gadget EmptyTue 08 Feb 2011, 19:44

Ye I dont say it's bad, it's pretty useful for players who play only on LOL server Wink

I just said my opinion (dont care it ^^' I'm not important here)
Back to top Go down
marlboro

marlboro

PostSubject: Re: [LOL] Server Gadget   [LOL] Server Gadget EmptyThu 10 Feb 2011, 19:10

update: version 1.0 now has "options"
you can enter custom ip, port and server password. there are 4 refresh rates (3seconds, 10s, 20s and 1minute) and you can enter a custom jk2mp.exe path (in case the gadget cant find you jk2 install folder). please report bugs, im still new to javascript ^^

Last edited by marlboro on Fri 11 Feb 2011, 00:36; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [LOL] Server Gadget   [LOL] Server Gadget EmptyThu 10 Feb 2011, 23:06

You're pro I really like it =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [LOL] Server Gadget   [LOL] Server Gadget Empty

Back to top Go down

[LOL] Server Gadget
Page 1 of 1